Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Blue flowers for Sept 17th Wedding

Noni Morrison
18 years ago

WE have one booked and the bride wants red, yellow and orange with blue accents. What blue flowers might we have then or be able to pick up from someone else? My batchelors buttons failed...apparently planted too late. I might have delpihimiums on their second round. Probably too early for the blue perennial asters. THe red, yellow and orange I can come up with, no problem! Oh yes, and the bride doesn't like gladiolus.

I do have ageratum but not sure it is clear enough blue to go with the bright colors. ALso have kew blue salpiglossis that would be great if it were doing as it should but it seemed to keep drying out and now puts out few flowers.

Hmmm, might have some forget-me-nots....cynaglossom.

Comments (6)

• Cheri_C
    18 years ago

Where I used to work we had a cutting garden and we used lots of blue salvia. My other choice would be blue delph. Good Luck.

• jansblooms
    18 years ago

Any chance you'll have some blue statice? Will deep purple (not violet) be acceptable? Good luck!

• Noni Morrison
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the reminder that I should have a tall blue salvia or two about that time!

And no, I didn't get any statixe planted but maybe we can buy some. I don't think deep purple will do, she was pretty specific about the blue. But thanks for the efforts...

• flowerfarmer
    18 years ago

We're using lots of blue salvia this season. Someone got a little carried away planting the seedling trays for some reason. We're glad to have it about now though. We have a preorder for tomorrow's market: Blue picotee lisianthus, blue salvia and euphorbia.

From the floral supply house you can order Blue Stream limonium. It isn't purple; and, it's really pretty in wedding bouquets.

Oh, and by the way -- the Flowers-to-Go cups are a big, big hit at market. We have a special order for 36 tomorrow. Some people are taking these and putting them in small vases for weddings, parties, or whatever.........

• Noni Morrison
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I love hearing how the cups to go idea is traveling! So much fun to think I dreamedup an idea tËÃ¥t Âs catching on like this! And I Am goign to have to get another box of cups...We think we are selling more flowers with them. I have a customer who seems to take 8 cups on THurs...Love it! Sorry my Star-gazer lilies are running out as those have sold very every well. I have just a few white lilies left. This fall I am ordering 25 rubrums and 25 white rumbrums for August...or maybe more.

Hey, just remembered the blue coryopteris,,,wonder if I will have any left by then. I suppose not unless it reblooms. And I Am goign to cut the top down on my prettiest blue buddliea today to see if I Can get it to send out a new blooming. We are still almost 3 months from frost so only factor is the shortening days. I Thinbk I will stop my my favorite nursery today and check what plants she has started that ae bright blue. WHatever it is, I need more of it in my garden!

• flowers4u
    18 years ago

Lizalily - don't forget the perennial blue scabiosa - FAMA! I still have some going...and as the nights are starting to cool down, darn, it does much better! And, you might see if anyone has gentiana...its cobalt blue and quite unique! I have about 30 stems blooming right now this year! Next year, hoping for more! Are hydrangeas done there? They're not here, at least higher up the mountain! You might be able to use those too!

Good luck!
    Wendy

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus