Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pudge2b

Tall sedum (Autumn Joy, etc)

Pudge 2b
17 years ago

Last week I played around some with using Autumn Joy sedum in bouquets.

Last week's bouquets incorporated Spartina pectinata grass stems and blooms, some Panicum virgatum blooms, Melica Red Spire grass blooms, and Amaranthus velvet curtains. Of the 4 bouquets I made, I sold 3. The fourth I brought back home and kept it in a vase and one week later the sedum is still looking very fresh with no sign of wilt. The grass blooms and stems have pretty much dried but still look good.

This week the sedum blooms are just a bit pinker than last week but still just a hint of pink. I used one glad (bright pink edge, soft yellow in the throat and purplish anthers) surrounded with the sedum and again used grasses - some big Miscanthus stems (no blooms), Red Spire, and Carex Oehme grass (variegated green/yellow, no blooms), and surrounded at the bottom with dark green Hosta leaves. I think they've turned out so nice that I wanted to share the combination with the readers here.

I've also been using a white blooming sedum that I have plenty of as filler in many bouquets. It has a greenish tint to it and sets of many colours wonderfully. It's earlier blooming than many of the other tall sedums and this will probably be the last week using them as they'll be starting to brown soon.

Comments (3)

Sponsored