Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poochella_gw

Posting Photos

Poochella
18 years ago

I have discovered to my dismay that I have only 15% free space left on my harddrive. Therefore I am going to forego posting others' photos and will just urge you to use a very easy service like Photobucket to store your garden photos on for easy transfer here. Read the directions at Photobucket and/or at this link, practice a bit, and you should be posting your glories in no time.

I do have two bits of advice and that is to make sure your camera isn't taking gigantor 2400x 2000 pixel photos in the first place- saves alot of time uploading and downsizing the monsters later. Most photos look just fine in the 600 x 600 range or thereabouts.

Second, use the feature on whatever camera software or labelling software you use to get photos onto your computer to label each photo something you'll recognize, i.e. liatris.jpg or bigfatdeerinmygarden.jpg. Much easier to identify later when you want to create a photo album and try to recall if the liatris was 4394a and the deer was 5479b54769. You get the idea...

It's not like I'm an I.T. pro, the opposite end of the scale is more apt, but if I can learn to do it, so can the rest of you. It just takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo posting help

Sponsored