Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

floral supplies

Posted by ruth52 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 12:55

Does anyone know the name of the shredded foam product that is being used in flower arrangements? I have noticed many loosely arranged flowers now have the loose foam type material instead of oasis. Have looked for it...but don't know what it is really called!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: floral supplies

Ruth, I think what you are talking about is actually an Oasis product, they are offering it in small cubes now and also in tiny chunks in a rainbow of colors. Cool stuff!! I buy my Oasis products from There are lots of vendors for this stuff, so you might want to get it from someone closer to you. Have fun!! Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Save on crafts

RE: update for floral supplies

Ruth, the url that I gave for this is wrong. Correct is posted below. Sorry, Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Save on crafts updated

RE: floral supplies updated again

Ruth, once more with feeling, Save on crafts does not carry the rainbow foam, Barbaras Gardens does. My brain is on some other planet right now. Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Barbaras gardens

RE: floral supplies

Thanks for the info...that stuff looks interesting...tho might be fairly expensive. But it isn't what I have seen, I don't think. What I am talking more "crunchy" in texture--wet or dry. I don't think it absorbs water...tho not for sure on that. Really reminds me of shredded plastic or something?

RE: floral supplies

Ruth52, Are you talking about a white Styrofoam type filler florist use in vase arrangements?

RE: floral supplies

Yes! That is exactly what I am looking for...the name/a place to purchase it, etc.

RE: floral supplies

I worked for years as a florist, so I believe what you are looking for is sometimes called Snow....or shredded Styrofoam/ground Styrofoam.It comes in green and white and different textures too. Florists use it to help retain water and it can add a attractive enhancement to arrangements. I know of a couple of web sites that you can get this product. One is and another place is I hope this helps!

RE: floral supplies

That's it! Thank you so much...I sell at farmers market...and occasionally need something with a clear vase.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here