Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ranunculus'?

Posted by newbieplanter (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 16:17

I just bought some dried ranunculus seeds at Home depot. I've read on some other sites that I can plant more than one in a pot, but some sites say that each "bunch of bananas" needs at least 4 inches of space in between them. Any advice? I just have a small patio garden with no actual yard, so I can only grow them in containers. I currently have two 9 in. plastic containers that used to house my now deceased lavender plants. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ranunculus'?

4" spacing is the minimum.

o
Early summer blooms?

Hello folks!

I dabbled in cut flowers a bit last season with mixed results but have decided to try again.

I really need an early summer flower. I was thinking about ordering a tray of snapdragon plugs, planting half in my unheated hoop house in April and the other half in the field a few weeks later. Would those in the hoop house bloom in june? I could really use some advise.

Also, was thinking of trying larkspur and dianthus, also by buying plugs. (I don't have a suitable space for really early seed starting). Would they bloom this year?

Any suggestions on early blooms would be a giant help.

Okay, hope everyone is having a nice winter and enjoying those catalogs!

thanks,

bill

zone 4b/5a
central ny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here