Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bryan_ut

Geo versus Harris

bryan_ut
17 years ago

I have used Harris for many years, but as of late their customer service is lacking.

Does anyone buy from Geoseed? How are they?

Thanks.

Comments (13)

• goodscents
    17 years ago

I order almost everything from Geoseed and have been happy with them. I have never ordered from Harris so can't compare regarding customer service. For me the best thing about Geoseed is that the prices are much better than I have seen anywhere else.
    Kirk

• heidi41
    17 years ago

I've been ordering from Haris Seed for many years and have NEVER had problems with them. Where is Geoseed?

• goodscents
    17 years ago

I think Geoseed is in South Carolina. It was started by GEOrge Park, who I believe is related to the founders of Park Seed.

You can find the website at www.GeoSeed.com but have to request a print catalog, there is not one on-line.
    Kirk

• bfff_tx
    17 years ago

Bryan
    The majority of my seed comes from Geo also. Prices are competitive and their customer service is great. Gotta problem, they'll fix it and then some.
    Try them out.
    Cheers - Kim BFFF

• anniew
    17 years ago

What about Johnnies or Germania?

• heidi41
    17 years ago

Anniew: Johnnies and Harris are my #1. Both are located near us so I feel comfortable knowing that their seeds grow well in our climate. If the flowers grow well in their field trials, than they will be good for mine. I have Never had trouble with these companies. Their service is prompt and they (Johnnies especially) have always helped me thru any growing questions I've had. I only order very few seeds from Germania, but I have never had to deal with their service reps.

• bryan_ut
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks to all. I have tried almost all of them Harris, Johnnys, Germania, and now Geo. Harris just took a month to send blue larkspur seed to me. I just canceled a plant order because it was going to be too late, eventhough it said it was available right now. Geo did have great prices. Johnnys has gotten way to expensive for me. Good luck to all! Bryan

• moonblooms
    17 years ago

After reading this thread, I went to Geoseed's website and ordered their catalog. I received it less than a week later and all I can say is Bless You. Their prices are fantastic.

• flowers4u
    17 years ago

I too have ordered from Harris, Gloeckner, Johnny's, Territorial, Select Seed, Wildseed Farms (great for larkspur), and just this year, Geoseed. All of my Geoseed items were great - I recommend them as well as the others. Their pricing is all around better in most cases. But, I still have to go to some other sources for things they don't have!

Wendy

• bryan_ut
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I placed my order yesterday. Only two items were back ordered. We will see how long till delivery. Only 3 more months until planting/sowing starts again.

• heidi41
    17 years ago

I also ordered the Geoseed catalogue, it showed up at my door step yesterday. You're right, great prices. I will definetely be ordering seed from them this year.(at least some of my seeds) The only thing they don't have in their cataloge is cultural info or those beautiful colored pictures. But I guess if you know what you want, it really isn't a nesseccity. Thanks for the "GEOSEED INFO" HEIDI

• annebert
    17 years ago

All Geoseed seeds are packed in foil packets, too - usually for 1000 or more, they come in a couple of packets. Makes them store well.

• bryan_ut
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I got all my seed and have started to sow them. The pernenials are going into 72s to be planted in March in the field!! I just got a another 1.3 acres to do! Mainly in pernenials both fresh and dried. I am just doing the math on 6 mil plastic and plants.

Anyone know of a manufacture of 6 mil black plastic? Thanks.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor