Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bulb source warning!

Posted by lizalily Western WA, USA (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 8, 06 at 21:31

I want to warn you against flowernet.com. I have been ordering from them for atleast 4 years...think it is 5 but no more! Their bulbs are a good price but each year they have fewer selections. What really has me teed off is that when I tried to order on the web I got a notice that my order had not gone through. I received no confirmation, no acknowledgement and a $700 order that showed up after I had ordered similar bulbs and more exciting ones from Van Bourgondian, the only place I could find the same forcing tulips. Hmmm, somehow that VB order got up to $1400, then guess what arrived at my house...with no packing slip or anything. NOt even a return adress! Just my address on it and a charge on my credit card. I have written to them twice now with no acknowledgement, as I received another box from them yesterday! Duplicates of the 50 Stargazers and 50 orange asiatics (Treffor) that I ordered and received from VB! Now I am looking for someone to unload about $600 dollars worth(wholesale) of tulips. EVeryone I talk to locally who is interested wants daffodils because they don't have deer fencing up! And I got a double order (250) CHina PInk lily flowered Tulips....whoaaaa, seriously more then my market can absorb! About 4 times more!

SO there went all my profit from this year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bulb source warning!

• Posted by josh z8a (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 9, 06 at 14:11

Lizalily, get on the phone to your credit card issuer and let them handle it. If they're like mine, they will credit your account and deal with the problem. josh

o

Liza,
Are you upset with flowernet.com or with VB? I'm confused.
Ann

o

ANN,
I was so upset I even got the name wrong, LOL. IT is "flowerbulb.net" that I am upset with. They started out doing quite nicely a few years ago but I think that one of the partners left and the business side of it has sunk lower each year. Flowerbulb.net is their wholesale division. They also have a retail one under flowerbulb.com.

Van Bourgondian has had a lot of bad rap but I think either they have cleaned up their act or I got lucky. I have found that ordering bulbs works better then ordering perrentials from then. They are Dutch Gardens wholesale division...not sure if they were all along or if this is a new partnership recently and why I am having better results from them. I got a "stardust" lily collection from them this summer and the flowers were wonderful and a good price too. They seem to have bulbs that I can not find anywhere else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here