Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i beat winter!

Posted by LizaLily Western WA, USA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 2:06

TOday I put my last 300 bulbs in the ground! Also the last two shrubs that were still in their pots since spring! Now I Can batten down the hatches and put away the shovel and fork until....well, probably January.

Let the Merriment begin!

THe last 200 bulbs were the English bluebells to go in my woodland clearing. Mixed in 50 allium triquetrum. I visualize my "someda" grandchild going out picking with their little basket in the clearing! By that time the bluebells may have covered the whole clearing but no one looses if that is the case!

Now to flatten all the bulb boxes and lay them out on the weeds and paths!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i beat winter!

Very nice! I'd be real pleased with myself had I accomplished all that. Now you can take a break, and feel good about it.
Cheryl

o

Congrats on getting it all done!
In my experience with nieces and nephews, the future grandchild is more likely to trample them or lie down in them, but it's amazing what you can forgive a little kid for. And you can take a picture of the child lying in the bluebells. The flowers will be back the next year, anyway.

Jeanne

o

OOOH YES! bluebells last but a week or so, but a photo like that would be priceless!

We are thrilled to peices. Our 25 yr old adopted daughter's identical twin is arriving at our house on Wed from Korea! They have not seen each other since near their first birthday and had no memory or knowlege of each other until last year. I promised to teach our new daughter English so she could communicate easier with her twin. Sad that she will go home just as the flowers start though! Oh well, we hope this is the first of many visits! There are also two more siblings and the parents to meet sometime. All really nice people who were in a desparate financial situation when the girls were born.

So I am not quite into the seed ordering frenzy like usual but sure looking forward to a wonderful Christmas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here