Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Does anyone use a Hatfield transplanter?

thinman
14 years ago

I just got one of these for Christmas, and I'm hoping to save some wear and tear on my back and legs by using it this season. It has to be better than putting in each plant bending over with a trowel. I'm sure that many of you have big enough operations to warrant having a tractor mounted or towed transplanter, but I put in only about 2000 transplants each year, so those would be overkill for little old me.

I got the biggest one available, which is 2 inches by 2 inches at the business end, figuring it would work for my starts, which are usually in 72 cell trays, but sometimes 36. I'm a little worried that maybe I should have got a smaller version, and I can return it if that's the case, but I probably won't know for sure until I start using it.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these, or tips on how to use it? I have seen two videos on using it with a second person, but I'm planning on doing it with just me.

If anyone has any advice, that would be great, but I will get back to you all next spring when I find out how it goes.

ThinMan

Comments (3)