Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bupleurum Assistance

Posted by bfff_tx z8b TX (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 20, 06 at 20:20

I know this stuff needs to be directed seeded but can anyone tell me when this should occur. Is it a hardy (frost tolerant) annual like snaps, statice, dianthus, etc or is it like Ageratum and will shrivel up from a frost? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's what zone you are in and when you seed it will help me out.
My last frost date will be 2nd/3rd week of March and min temp may be in the mid to high 20's over winter.
Thanks all.
Kim
Billabong Fresh Flower Farm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bupleurum Assistance

By now you've probably answered your own question. This should have been directed seeded in the fall along with larkspur, hesperis, and/or whatever else that you direct seed in the fall. Here in the Midwest fall sowing works not so well the last few years. And, I think I read somewhere that some growers have successfully grown bupleurum in deep (because of the root system) plug trays. This plant is 90 days sow to bloom. If you're sowing them the second or third week of March, isn't it going to be too hot in Texas?

BTW. Your website with the nice photo of the Joker sunflower on the Home Page hasn't been modified since 11/16/2005?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here