Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dahlia height

Posted by luv2dig_de Z7 DE (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 20:04

I'm new to Dahlias, but I just love them! I'm confused though with all the classifications by color, style, and flower size, I can't find any classif. by height.

I need short dahlias that I'm using for border plants. Ideally I'd like most of them around 12" and I'd like to stay with a red/orange/pink palette.

Can anyone help me with some suggestions by name or a website that classifies by height?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dahlia height

There really isn't a classification by height, but the link below will take you to one site specializing in shorter dahlias. For short ones like the 12" goal you mention, I'd just stick with the annual dahlias you can find at the big stores Lowe's Home Depot etc. But for real excitement and variety, there's nothing like the 3-4-5+ footers.

Enjoy your newfound love of dahlias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Container sized dahlias

o
RE: Dahlia height

If you check out Ferncliff Gardens, they have quite the selections. You can at least get an idea of what you'd like! Either check the Miniature or Bedding.

You could try Suitzuz Julie 14" purply pink (very pretty) and Longwood Dainty 20" orange/peach in colour (my fav from last year)

Just a thought :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here