Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Experience for growing Dahlias. Love them!

Posted by NCcaroline 7B (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 20:36

I ordered my dahlias from Swan Island online and have been very pleased! This was my first experience with growing dahlias. I ordered 12 bulbs. They were packaged and shipped very well. All were stamped with their name and came with instructions on exactly how to plant and care for them. "Sisa was an early bloomer and the most abundant bloomer of them all. The other 11 are really coming out now and are beautiful. I love taking them to work for our patients to enjoy. Love my dahlias!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Experience for growing Dahlias. Love them!

Those are really pretty! Could you tell us the names of each of them? I especaily like the golden yellow on the left side.
I grow a lot of Swan ISland dahlias too.

o

I realize this is an old post but I decided I would like to plant dahlias with my roses and have been researching the older posts. I also have never grown them and needed some background. I LOVE those soft yellow ones you have, would you happen to remmember the name of them? I am thinking to go wild and bold, or unique mostly but the soft yellow would sure fit with the rest. I think I am going to order some from Swan Island and the rest from Lynch for my first time. My roses are all diifferent but primarlily climbing. Thanks!

o

I realize this is an old post but I decided I would like to plant dahlias with my roses and have been researching the older posts. I also have never grown them and needed some background. I LOVE those soft yellow ones you have, would you happen to remmember the name of them? I am thinking to go wild and bold, or unique mostly but the soft yellow would sure fit with the rest. I think I am going to order some from Swan Island and the rest from Lynch for my first time. My roses are all diifferent but primarlily climbing. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here