Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed taking over small dahlia bed-HELP

Posted by redmond_phyllis West WA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 16, 09 at 23:10

I live in Redmond, WA (Western WA.) One of my dahlia beds doesn't get as much sun, it's more a partial sun bed. It's not one of my best beds, but the dahlia's do okay. I have this plant pest that may be some kind of bryophyte that has always been a pest, but this year is way out of hand and has almost taken over the bed. I'm looking for answers. Anyone know what it is and/or how to get rid of it? Just peeling it off and getting rid of what can be seen doesn't do it. Help would be appreciated! Here's the picture

Image link: Weed taking over small dahlia bed-HELP (42 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed taking over small dahlia bed-HELP

Hey Phyllis,

I don't know that particular weed, but I bet if you post your photo on the Northwest forum, one of the brains there will be able to ID and tell you about any hopes of eradication.

The only thing out of hand here is the heat today and the buttercups, as usual. Good luck! Save the dahlias....

Here is a link that might be useful: Northwest Gardening forum

o

I'll try that Poochella. Thanks!

o

Liverwort.

I wouldn't call it a weed as it isn't going to be any competition for your dahlias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Liverwort info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here