Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hard to Find Dahlias

Posted by hulalady 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 13:00

Next year (2011), I am bound & determined to add 2 new dahlia varieties to my garden collection. The Bishop of Llandaff & Deuil du Roi Albert. However, I can't find a Canadian mail order source for either. Most U.S. sources do not mail to Canada. That leaves Europe, which I haven't inquired about. Does any one know of sources on this side of the border?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hard to Find Dahlias

Indeed, Deuil du roi Albert is hard to find. Only 4 suppliers have it in the USA, on the Big List. I have seen it in Montreal, at the Quebec Dahlia Society exposition a couple of years ago. It seems that one or more members of our Society have it, and may offer it for sale at the April dahlia tuber sale, taking place at the Montreal Botanical Garden.

I am also interested in it.

Jacques from santiagodahlias

o

The Deuil du roi Albert is at my local nursery. They have about 20 for sale right now. If you would like I can stop by and pick one up if they still have them. And mail you some tubers. whether or not there are still there is another thing. Nothing really stays in that nursery past a week. Ill drop by tomorrow and have a look. Best of luck.
Also. There's a dahlia farm up in Washington state that ships to Canada. I have an old order form lying around somewhere. I distinctly remember Them having the Deuil du roi Albert. They are out of tubers for this season but maybe next year. I'll also be on the look out for that as well.

o

Try Botanus in BC They have "the Bishop of Canterberry" and "the Bishop of Oxford".
Bill

o

I have 100 pots most with Dahlias small pots and big ones anyone have any suggestions im in dallas... trying to sell the house seller wants a normal back yard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here