Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lavenders and Purples

Posted by poochella 7/ WEST WA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 23:42

Here's a new one for me: Frizzy Lizzy. Just opening at 3-4 inches across on a 3 ft plant. So far, so good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lavenders and Purples

Lizzy is a beauty too. This is not LC or split petaled right? I thought there's some other word for these petals but can't think of it...

o

It is split tipped, but you can find it categorized as LC, ID, and SC online. The ADS has it labelled as an informal decorative. A dahlia judge could say why; probably the splits aren't deep enough to be classified as LC. Fimbriated is another term for the petals with split tips.
Frizzy Lizzy got richer and fuller, and blurry! But it's really turning out to be a nice lavender cutter.

o

Mr. Brett- 4" variegated rich pinky/lavender with magenta splashes.

o

Clearview David another favorite
Photobucket Image Hosting

Ditto for Painted Lady

and Unforgettable

Wyn's Mauve Mist is the palest lavender tinged with yellow.

Darkest, near black purple with great bronze foliage and dark stems: Purple Haze

o

Very nice Poochella these are the colors that most of the ladies around here like to see. So I will be looking at these over and over untill next spring.

o

They're all good for cutting Viking. I'm sure you could keep the neighborhood females twittering in glee all summer.

Deepest dark purple and longtime show winner: Chimacum Troy. This doesn't begin to show its true color, but the form is wonderful and color even better.

o
RE: Lavenders and Purples another

Helen's Carl, listed as purple, but it's mauve/gold here.

o

POOC, I got this one,
Photobucket

And this one, my 4 yr old won blue ribbon at a local dahlia show

Photobucket

Plus, we HAVE to do some trading or something this year, pooc.

o

Worn out pharses and morning gazes won't win ladies any more. You must show them Dahlias they have never seen before. Sung by the momaes and papas. So come on ladies show us some new purples and lavenders.

o

They're all fabulous, Poochella, especially Clearview David.

o

Thanks for sharing the beauiful LAV& PURPLES.I just love all..
Please share the name of the last picture.Thanks.

o

Very pretty! Congrats to you and your 4 yr old, bluelytes!
-B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here