Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidinsf

Thoughts on Rosella and Rosamunde

davidinsf
11 years ago

Store bought each last year. One (which I think is/was Rosamunde according to my planting notes) never did much of anything. Sprouted grudgingly, never got higher than 2 feet, few leaves and no blooms. Rosella (?) bloomed a few pink blooms of about 4-5 inches but on a very low bush (3 feet MAYBE) but generally was also underwhelming as a dahlia.

My ? is anyone know if Rosella is a true dinnerplate? The info on the web says it is a dinnerplate with 8-10" flowers. Mine were not even half that.

It is possible they were mismarked and neither is what I thought I bought. It's possible my notes were wrong and Rosella was really Rosamunde. It's possible aliens descended on my yard in early summer and switched my dahlias around. I'm at a loss as to which one is which and of course why neither grew - but that is for me to figure out of course.

But does anyone have experience with either or both? I was under the impression that Rosamunde was a tall bush but cannot document that now. I know where I planted them that I THOUGHT they were both tall but I neither want or wanted a dinnerplate of that color, so I think I just got hosed by the box store and both are mismarked.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County