Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crdahlia

Experience with Hirt's Bulbmart on eBay?

crdahlia
18 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with Hirt's Bulbmart, who sells a lot on eBay. I believe I purchased some seeds from them last year and didn't really have any complaints. Can't remember if they germinated or not.

However, yesterday I was looking at the dahlias being offered and saw they had one that was listed as Kenora Macob. Because I am a friend of the hybridizer, and hate it when someone has a variety name wrong, I sent him an e-mail and told him the correct name was Kenora Macop B. These are the responses I received to that e-mail:

I said:

"The correct name for this dahlia is Kenora Macop B"

His answer was:

"I checked with Jack Mayhoffer the world famous Dahlia grower and expert and he says you are looney!"

I responded with: "You might check with Jeannie & Gordie Leroux, who are the hybridizers of the Kenora dahlia varieties. It was named for a chemo medication Gordie was

taking. Jeannie's e-mail is: Gorjean@aol.com"

His response was: "Jack Mayhoffer the world's Dahlia expert says you probably wouldn't know a Dahlia if it hit you in the face. He recommends you read his latest book, "Getting High on Dahlias"

I can find no book by that name, and Jack Mayhoffer isn't known by any of the people who responded to me on the dahlias yahoo group. He also offers a dahlia he describes as being BLUE. Anyone who has much knowledge of dahlias knows there is no blue dahlia.

I won't deal with a person who is so unprofessional.

Teresa

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner