Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
landperson_gw

Help for the Hopeless

landperson
13 years ago

Roses are my passion, but there really aren't any flowering plants that I don't fall for at one time or another and find myself planting despite my lack of dedication to their well being. I have a few Dahlias that have been coming back over the years, that are absolutely gorgeous, but that are way out of control. So....this week I forked up a huge mass of tubers and dumped them on the ground and now I need to know what to do with them. HELP!!!

What I'd like to do with them is to plant a few of them in a few places between rose bushes and have them as accents around the crazy garden. I have a huge gopher problem, so I assume I will need to put them back into the ground in gopher baskets. I also have a good sized pile of dirt and plenty of pots, so I could put them into pots and place them until they do or don't do their thing.

I think my primary problem is figuring out how to cut the huge mass into pieces that will do anything at all. If I got one or two dahlias from the mass I wouldn't be unhappy. If I lose the whole clump I'll be mightily pissed off at myself.

If I went out today and took a picture of the clump, would that be helpful? Could someone tell me where to cut it apart if I did that? I have to admit that I have never been able to distinguish "eyes" on tubers, so I might be beyond help.....:-(((((

Susan

Comments (2)