Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxyck

Fire and Ice

maxyck
13 years ago

Thank you for your help. Checked site, but it seems the plant is unavailable, at least for now.

Comments (12)

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

I have Fire and Ice - and it overwinters in my basement pretty well. If I have successful tubers that can be divided, I can send you one or two.

• maxyck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anna in Quebec, Thank you very much. Should you have a tuber of Fire and Ice, I would appreciate it. When time comes, let me know the details. Maxyck.

• maxyck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am hoping you will have success with your dahlia tubers and will have an extra tuber for me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks again for yor offer. Maxyck.

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

Dahlia tubers are sprouting away in the basement - I will check very soon for Fire and Ice, and let you know!

• anna_in_quebec
    12 years ago

Hi - sorry for the delay - it yet remains to be seen if I have any Fire and Ice - so many tubers to go through, but by the end of this weekend I will know for sure.

But, since you are in Canada, you should check out this dahlia at Dominion Seed House, currently 50% off and quite simialr to F&I:
    http://www.dominion-seed-house.com/en-CA/ProductSheet.aspx?Ref=90-7156-010

Here is a link that might be useful: Dahlia Red Empire

• maxyck
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Anna, thank you for your suggestion, but I think I'll wait until you see if you have a Fire and Ice. I have a Duet which is similar to but taller than the Red Empire. However, I fell in love with Fire and Ice when I saw it on the Internet. I'll keep a close watch on the garden forum and will make a direct connection with you should you have the Fire and Ice. Hopefully I' m not causing you too much trouble. Incidentally I think the Duet might be a little too tall. Should you not have the Fire and Ice, I'll order the Red Enpire if it is still available.

• maxyck
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Anna, thank you for your suggestion, but I think I'll wait until you see if you have a Fire and Ice. I have a Duet which is similar to but taller than the Red Empire. However, I fell in love with Fire and Ice when I saw it on the Internet. I'll keep a close watch on the garden forum and will make a direct connection with you should you have the Fire and Ice. Hopefully I' m not causing you too much trouble. Incidentally I think the Duet might be a little too tall. Should you not have the Fire and Ice, I'll order the Red Enpire if it is still available.

• teddahlia
    12 years ago

If you like the red and white color scheme, check out the AC Dahlias web site next year as he has several. I visited there and really liked several of them. One was called "Barbershop" that looked really good. I am planting two or three of the other ones to see how they grow in my garden.

• Noni Morrison
    12 years ago

I wonder if you are talking about the same Fire and Ice that I go a few years ago, cause mine looks nothing like Duet. My Fire and Ice is a single bright red and white striped, very bright and showy but the flowers are not very big.

• maxyck
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It is not like duet. It has white flowers with red stripes that are wider on some flowers than others. It's about 24 inches high and has fairly large flowers. I think I'm becoming obsessed with it. I frequently look at it on line.

• anna_in_quebec
    12 years ago

Hi Maxyck! Look what bloomed for me:

{{gwi:632073}}

{{gwi:632074}}

{{gwi:632075}}

And so...I will make sure to coddle this one extra carefully this winter, so I can send you at least one viable tuber next spring. Message me so I can have your address handy. :) Anna

• maxyck
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry I didn't get a chance to see these beautiful pics of Fire and Ice sooner. I didn't have access to my computer for awhile. What a surprise I got when I saw your post. Just what I've been looking for. For me the flowers are delightful and the height of the plant is just right. Thanks for remembering me. Looking forward to the tuber. I'll get back to you with my address and other details soon. Thanks again.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor