Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
duke_in_ca

Anyone have extra dahlia tubers?

duke_in_CA
11 years ago

Hi there! I recently moved and have much more gardening space to work with. I wish I had something for trade to offer, but at this point I don't. Would anyone happen to have extra tubers they'd be willing to send my way, just south of San Francisco? I will at least provide you with pictures of any dahlias you send happily growing in the backyard. Thanks for reading!

Comments (6)

• davidinsf
    11 years ago

what city are you in?

• duke_in_CA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm in Brisbane, just south of SF. I have a couple tubers I'd also be willing to share for an exchange. What do you think?

• davidinsf
    11 years ago

I MIGHT have some tubers to give you. I'm in the process of digging and planting now so I'll see if any of the tubers I remove have eyes and/or are starting a stalk.

I have over 90 dahlias now so more tubers I do not need but you will be welcome to any extras I have, since I just throw them out now. I also work in Millbrae so perhaps you could pick them up if I have any extras. I should know in the next few weeks.

David

• duke_in_CA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi David,

Thanks! If it works out that you end up having extras, that would be awesome! I'd be able to easily come to Millbrae, if that ends up working out.

My email is: mr_brandon@sbcglobal.net

We can contact this way, if it's ok with you, to exchange numbers or to determine a meeting place.

Many thanks!

-Brandon

• bunti
    11 years ago

Hi David,

I am interested in Dahlia tubers. I had bought few tubers last year and I didn't realize that I need to dig them up to save them. I have left them in the ground. I have to wait and see, whether they come or not.

I live in charlotte, NC. I don't mind paying you shipping charges.

my email id k_kosaraju@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Bunti.

• davidinsf
    11 years ago

Hi Bunti

first, the good news. You do NOT have to necessarily dig up your dahlias to save them. I rarely dig mine up at all and if so, only because they get 'reedy' or I am giving some tubers away, like to Duke. Most dahlias do fine when left in the ground.

The bad news is I do not have time to get into digging and dividing and packaging and shipping. That's why I asked Duke where he lived - so he could pick them up if he wanted.

There are others here who trade and will ship but I do not. I apologize but with long lines in San Francisco at the post offices, I just don't have the time to ship tubers.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert