Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homemommy_gw

4th Tuber!

homemommy
15 years ago

Well, 3 weeks since potting up my poor MIL's tubers, (anyone following my saga knows that these poor babies where in really rough shape last October when they where given to me, and the odds of survival where stacked against them, indeed at the time I was not even sure if I immediately potted them up if they would have sprouted!)

Anyway, 13 mini trays planted, 3 sprouted last week much to my delight, and today looking over the remaining trays, I have recovered a 4th sprout!

In total, the 4 sprouting trays have produced 9 sprouts! So we are doing pretty good! (I plan to take sprout cuttings for the ones that have multiple sprouts!)

Now, one thing I was wondering, these tubers look rather rough still, they feel like rubber balls, and still look shriveled! Would it be best to take sprout cuttings of all of them (leaving a little tuber to all the cuttings) and basially start over, (maybe as a bonus some of these tubers may resprout) or should I leave the tuber? I know that mother tubers often die, I worry these might die really early on and cause problems with the new developing tubers, could they spread rot to the rest of the healthy plant?

Comments (3)