Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any hope for overwintering dahlia in MI 2014

Posted by chris_mi z5 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 19:41

Well, the dahlias are in a large lidded garbage can in the attached garage in Michigan. With these cold temperatures this winter, do you think they survived?
Should I just make a huge order now from Swans. I'm tempted to bring in one and try to grow it inside. But it will be huge by May. Thanks everyone for your ideas and help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any hope for overwintering dahlia in MI 2014

You can certainly bring in a few and see if they are frozen. If they haven't turned to mush they should be fine.

o
RE: any hope for overwintering dahlia in MI 2014

Some of mine did not make it. When I potted them up, instead of sprouting, they started to rot. I guess they sustained some damage eventhough the tubers were firm when I potted them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here