Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mail Order

Posted by captainfreedom 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 21:37

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some good mail order companies for dahlias?

Mucho, thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mail Order

hollyhill dahlias, elden dahlias

o

Tall Grass, Dahlia Dandies, and Parks (Not Parks Seed)

o

Swan Island Dahlias

Here is a link that might be useful: Swan Island Dahlias

o

It is now very late in the season to order tubers. Ayers Rainbow of Dahlias still has some stock. Lindas Dahlias does too. Both are small but reliable vendors.

o

I am getting my first order sent from them this year, but Old House Gardens came highly recommended from one of my master gardener cousins- she swears by them! And it looks like they still have things in stock.

I haven't grown anything from them yet, but they have been lovely to deal with so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House Garden, Dahlias

o

Swan Island and American Meadows.

o

By the way, Swan Island has not even started shipping tubers to zone 5 so it is certainly not too late too order. You may not have the best selection of the newest varieties but there are many nice tried and true varieties that are well stocked.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swan Island shipping info

o

Old House Gardens specializes in heirloom dahlias. Many of the varieties have stood the test of time. Others have been replaced by similar flowers that are better in most ways.

o

Old House Dahlias is small dahlia nursery in Portland, Oregon. They still have stock of many varieties. He specializes in varieties for cut flowers and many show flowers too. He started his business in an old house and still has the display garden there.

o

Good to hear, teddahlia! I'm dipping my toes into dahlia's for the first time this year and I have a sampler coming from Old House in the next few weeks!

They are holding back their shipping, too, because of unseasonable cold, so probably not too late to order from them.

o

Check out lynch creek dahlias. They are having an overstock sale. I just got my package of sale items from them yesterday:-)

o

Has anyone done business with the Dahlia Barn?

Here is a link that might be useful: DahliaBarn

o

I just put an order in with swan island dahlias.Wow! I spoke with jennifer told her i wasnt sure if my order online was completed and also if there was any substitutions that sissaroo would be my first pick she said everythingwas in but that she was Goung TO SEND IT FREE ANYWAY!!!!!! And since i spent 50$ there was anothr free tuber to choose what a great experiance thanx jennifer at swan island dahlias!

o

Great to see all the new dahlia growers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here