Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have dahlia store bought clups will trade for other dahlia tubers

Posted by cinnie0 9b / So Cal (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 10:58

I have been having trouble trying to find homes for these for other dahlias. just thought id post it here and see if i could get them traded.

Have dahlia tubers will trade for other dahlia tubers
I have about 1 from a different couple of packs left i am not going to use. would like to trade them for other named dahlias.

arabian night 1 store bought clump also have 1 small offset with sprout coming out

myrtles folly 1 store bought clump

bristol stripe 1 store bought clump

tahiti sunrise 1 store bought clump

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have dahlia store bought clups will trade for other dahlia tu

The varieties you have listed are very common and do not have much trading potential. I bought a Bristol Stripe at the grocery store for $1.98.

o

Well, ted, that would all depend upon where you live! Although Arabian Night could normally be bought here, I don't recall seeing Bristol Stripe or Tahiti Sunrise here. And I know I haven't seen Myrtle's Folly, because I would snatch it up in a second. Now that I pretty much know which of my tubers did or didn't survive, I checked our local grower's website...he's all sold out...of everything. And I've been looking at the local stores and there hasn't been much of anything this year, except mixed packages of unnamed tubers. If I had decent looking tubers that I hadn't planted yet, I'd trade.

o

I didnt have bristol stripe, tahiti sunrise, or myrtles folly available in my area. Walmart never got any dahlias or lilies in this season and I picked up some basics like cactus mix and dinnerplate mix arabian nights at home depot but not much of a selection. I had to drive 2 hours to another town and found them.
I still have these available and if I dont get a trade soon I will plant them. Id hate for them to die.

o

• Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 13:54

$1.98 for a tuber? I would think I had died and gone to heaven!

o

Our locally owned Winco Foods still has numerous Dutch grown dahlias on their rack for $1.98. They come in a small box with a picture on it. Myrtle's Folly was originated by the late Bob Bloomfield of our dahlia club and is named after his wife Myrtle. I saw her at a meeting a couple of weeks ago. We have lots of that variety here.

o

I wish a store near me even carried dahlias that cheap, hey wait I wish a store near me carried dahlias.

o

• Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 23:41

My Myrtle's Folly bit the dust 2 years ago...I loved that one!
Looked at another store for dahlias today...they had a package or 2 of 4 kinds...Akita, some plain red one, a dark purple red too much like ones I already have, and a pink one with white tips. That was it. A different store 3 days ago...1 mangled package of Arabian Night...a dahlia I really like but already have.

o

These are no longer available.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here