Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cinnie0

Have dahlia store bought clups will trade for other dahlia tubers

I have been having trouble trying to find homes for these for other dahlias. just thought id post it here and see if i could get them traded.

Have dahlia tubers will trade for other dahlia tubers
I have about 1 from a different couple of packs left i am not going to use. would like to trade them for other named dahlias.

arabian night 1 store bought clump also have 1 small offset with sprout coming out

myrtles folly 1 store bought clump

bristol stripe 1 store bought clump

tahiti sunrise 1 store bought clump

Comments (8)

• teddahlia
    10 years ago

The varieties you have listed are very common and do not have much trading potential. I bought a Bristol Stripe at the grocery store for $1.98.

• mytime
    10 years ago

Well, ted, that would all depend upon where you live! Although Arabian Night could normally be bought here, I don't recall seeing Bristol Stripe or Tahiti Sunrise here. And I know I haven't seen Myrtle's Folly, because I would snatch it up in a second. Now that I pretty much know which of my tubers did or didn't survive, I checked our local grower's website...he's all sold out...of everything. And I've been looking at the local stores and there hasn't been much of anything this year, except mixed packages of unnamed tubers. If I had decent looking tubers that I hadn't planted yet, I'd trade.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I didnt have bristol stripe, tahiti sunrise, or myrtles folly available in my area. Walmart never got any dahlias or lilies in this season and I picked up some basics like cactus mix and dinnerplate mix arabian nights at home depot but not much of a selection. I had to drive 2 hours to another town and found them.
    I still have these available and if I dont get a trade soon I will plant them. Id hate for them to die.

• mytime
    10 years ago

$1.98 for a tuber? I would think I had died and gone to heaven!

• teddahlia
    10 years ago

Our locally owned Winco Foods still has numerous Dutch grown dahlias on their rack for $1.98. They come in a small box with a picture on it. Myrtle's Folly was originated by the late Bob Bloomfield of our dahlia club and is named after his wife Myrtle. I saw her at a meeting a couple of weeks ago. We have lots of that variety here.

Original Author
    10 years ago

I wish a store near me even carried dahlias that cheap, hey wait I wish a store near me carried dahlias.

• mytime
    10 years ago

My Myrtle's Folly bit the dust 2 years ago...I loved that one!
    Looked at another store for dahlias today...they had a package or 2 of 4 kinds...Akita, some plain red one, a dark purple red too much like ones I already have, and a pink one with white tips. That was it. A different store 3 days ago...1 mangled package of Arabian Night...a dahlia I really like but already have.

Original Author
    10 years ago

These are no longer available.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21