Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

I did not know that! Too late for me?

ponce418
16 years ago

I fell in love w/ dahlias last year when I came across a bag of tubers at Costco & decided to take a chance. They wound up being the most magnificent flowers in my garden last year.

So this year, I ordered online. I was surprised when they were delivered 2 weeks ago because I know they don't like cold & the last threat of frost won't have passed for another 4-6 weeks. For now, I've kept in packaged as is in the garage, waiting rather impatiently to get those beauties in the ground!

And then I happened upon this forum today & see a bunch of you talking about starting them indoors. So of course, I have questions...

1. Is it too late for me to start them indoors? I'd expect to be planting them outdoors in another 3-4 weeks.

2. I've got so many other things started at this point that I am completely out of pots. And I mean completely. I also don't have any potting soil mix or seed starter mix left. Considering what I spent on starting seeds this year, I really don't want to make another trip to the local nursery for supplies if I don't have to (I swear, the store manager cheers everytime he sees my face!). So....is there another method I could try? Maybe wrapping them in wet newspaper? Something like that?

I appreciate any insights you wise folks can offer. I don't know about anybody else but in my opinion, mid-late May won't get here fast enough!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida