Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tuber adoption?

Posted by cheryl_p z5MI (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 21:18

Unfortunately I am not able to keep dahlias anymore and since I usually take my tubers out of storage each year this time, I thought now would be a good time to give them away. Does anyone have any ideas on good give-away places? I refuse to just "junk them" as I know some people do. They were properly sulfured and stored in vermiculite last fall, and while a little dehydrated, look planting ready with no rot, mold, etc. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tuber adoption?

Is there anything that I can send you to get some of your dahlia tubers, as my ninety-seven year old mother is wondering when I am going to plant her dahlias, and I don't have any tubers yet.

Thank you in advamce/

o

therahort,
I would be glad to sent you as many as you want. If you feel inclined, you could split the shipping with me. Let me know about how much you want. I cannot promise specific colors, just a mix. My Page should have my email address.
Cheryl

o

Hi Cheryl,

I would love to adopt some dahlias if you still have extras. I really wanted to grow some this year and just bought one pot of 'Romeo' to start. I would be happy to pay postage or I can look for something to trade with you. I'm sorry you aren't able to keep growing them.

Thanks so much for your consideration! :)
Danita
(P.S. I will send a copy of this to your email too.)

o

Hi Cheryl,

I, too, would love to adopt some of your tubers. I would be happy to pay all postage, and any other shipping costs incurred. I made a big mistake storing my tubers last fall, and lost all of them. Thank you. suzegarden

o

Hi cheryl,
I would be happy to send postage for sending tubers to me. Thank you.

o

I would love to adopt your babys! Let me know what the postage is and I'll give you my mailing add.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here