Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whjo wrote is quote

Posted by carlhandup 95540 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 9:23

Hello, I'm writing an article encouraging local folks to help establish a local Dahlia Society, on the North Coast in California. I don't remember where this quote came from but I would like to give credit to the author. Does anyone know who wrote it?

"Having the joyfulness gained by stewarding a love of Dahlias mostly provides for calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

I would enjoy hearing the reasons why you enjoy raising dahlias, and the positive attributes for doing so. Thank you for your time, I look forward to your input.

Carl Young
Fortuna (Humboldt County) California

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whjo wrote is quote

I don't know who wrote the quote...this is my first year to grow dahlias. I got some dwarf varieties without knowing what they were, and after seeing the flowers, I ordered 10 different varieties of tubers online - the ones that grow 3-4' tall. I read all I could, and spent some time preparing the soil, added horse manure, and now they are sprouting. I am growing them because I know they require an investement of time and work in order to pay off, and I wanted a challenge with a pay off of beautiful cut flowers...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here