Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlhandup

Whjo wrote is quote

carlhandup
15 years ago

Hello, I'm writing an article encouraging local folks to help establish a local Dahlia Society, on the North Coast in California. I don't remember where this quote came from but I would like to give credit to the author. Does anyone know who wrote it?

"Having the joyfulness gained by stewarding a love of Dahlias mostly provides for calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

I would enjoy hearing the reasons why you enjoy raising dahlias, and the positive attributes for doing so. Thank you for your time, I look forward to your input.

Carl Young

Fortuna (Humboldt County) California

Comment (1)

• dahlia_newbie
    15 years ago

I don't know who wrote the quote...this is my first year to grow dahlias. I got some dwarf varieties without knowing what they were, and after seeing the flowers, I ordered 10 different varieties of tubers online - the ones that grow 3-4' tall. I read all I could, and spent some time preparing the soil, added horse manure, and now they are sprouting. I am growing them because I know they require an investement of time and work in order to pay off, and I wanted a challenge with a pay off of beautiful cut flowers...

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths