Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking to trade for white dahlia for cutting

Posted by girlndocs 8 WA (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 19:36

Hi all,

Here it is mid-May and I find myself without a single white dahlia for my cutflower bed.

I have several dahlias and other plants available for trade, see my trade list :)

I'm looking for a straight white or ivory variety that does well as a cutflower and doesn't have blooms too big; 6" or B is about my maximum. I'm partial to informal decoratives, anemones and waterlilies but open to suggestions (I'm not looking for pompons or balls, very formal decoratives, or novelty/collarettes).

Lady Liberty, Little Lamb, Snowflake, Prince Charming are examples of white dahlias I like. Try me.

Among my trade items are dahlias Bishop of Oxford (I understand it to be one of the "Bishop's Children," with dark foliage and orange blooms) and Cafe Au Lait, a great big muted beige-pink dinnerplate.

Thanks!

Kristin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking to trade for white dahlia for cutting

Kristin, where are you? Are you in driving distance of Vashon Island? I have several nice whites for cutting I would be glad to share with you, or start cuttings from but do to my recent knee replacement would need help digging them. Email me at lilymolady@gmail.com.

I have Center Court, Karma Serena, Angel Dust (I think I stll have it!) and I have many plants I would like to give away to replace with new ones..fine flowers, just ones I am bored with. Among those would be French Doll, and Brandon James. Many others could be divided. They ahve been in place for 2 years now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here