Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you shop?

Posted by ronnie17 z6 PA. (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 23:04

Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations? Where do you shop, what kind of dahlias do you like? Ebay anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you shop?

I've only bought from Swan Island Dahlias. Everything I've bought has been top notch, and when I had one tuber that didn't sprout they were quick to offer me compensation.

No complaints.

Cheers,
Russ

o

Wynne's Dahlias-- they're wonderful! They replace or refund without any hassle if something doesn't eye up & are full of wonderful info - they always answer email questions & give great advice-- they grow somewhere around 6,500-7,000 dahlias & their gardens are astonishing! Ever seen over 5,000 AA & A sized dahlias all in one place?? WOW!!
Oh, yeah - & they do it all themselves-- just the 2 of them!
Ellie

o

because it is next to impossible to get any plant matter other than seeds up in Canada, we have different suppliers. Ferncliff is the best. Art's nursery has pictures to make you drool and a huge selection but otherwise less than spectacular.

o

Triple b, I am waiting for Abloom Gardens who have a very large variety and wonderful website to be able to ship internationally. You should be able to access them up there. Great friendly communications from them too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Abloom Gardens in Canada

o

Wynne's Dahlias ships all over the world- including Canada!
Ellie

o

And Swan Island ships to Canada no problems too, and they're in Oregon somewhere just south of you.

Cheers,
Russ

o

wow I wish it were the same for roses!

o

I've ordered from Swan Island, Connells, Arrowhead and Cowlitz River. They all had excellent service and tubers were in great condition when they arrived. The cuttings from Corralito's are also very good. Teresa from Cowlitz replaced a tuber for me that I turned to mush out of my own stupidity. On top of that, got another free one with that replacement. Can't get any better than that.

o

I use Swan, Connells, Ferncliff, and Container gardens. Had 5 mushy ones from Swann this year. I think it is because they all ship so early. They usally replace if they have the tuber.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here