Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yuck! ...a new insect?

Posted by misslucinda 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 8:09

I was inspecting my plants this morning and didn't like the way some of the leaves were looking so I turned one over and saw what appeared to be a teeny small sack located about dead-center near the base of the foliage. I brought the leaf in to photograph and when I put it under some lights the little sac started walking away!

This is a new one for me. Any one have a clue what it is and what to do about it?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yuck! ...a new insect?

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 9:07

Strange indeed. Let's see the photo. I saw an assassin bug on one of mine yesterday. I squished it quickly.

o

Hi Jroot-
Well, as I said, the first one got away before I could take the pics. But I found another and apologize for my inability to provide better detail in the close ups of this teensy critter.

Unfortunately, these pictures have come out in reverse order so the last one is the first thing I saw (hmm, is that rust or a sac?), the second to the last, the second thing and so on.

o

Is it a leafhopper?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here