Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have tree dahlia stems for trade

Posted by crueltyfre Tampa, 9a, heat 10, (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 9:27

A terrible storm toppled two large stalks off my Dahlia Imperialis "Double or Nothing". I've been told you can start new plants with stem cuttings, but I have never tried (one of these giants is enough, lol). I've stuck them in dirt for the moment, but seriously don't want or need a couple dozen tree dahlias, lol.

I can offer multiple stem pieces per trade.

HIgh on my want list right now are rhiz. begonias with interesting leaf colors, Egret Flower(Habenaria radiata),or Worsleya procera, amaryllis, orchids, but will consider any heat loving shade plants. Tempt me.
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have tree dahlia stems for trade

I can't tempt you with any of your wants, but I'm going to move your post down since no one seems interested at this point (even though the dahlia Imperialis is a marvelous thing to watch grow!) They are hard to keep growing til bloom-time this far north.

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 6:19

Where can I get its seeds??

Izhar

o

I think you need to start from roots or cuttings vs seed Izhar.

Plant Delights does carry them here in the USA, but I don't know that they ship internationally. Maybe worth an email if you're interested. It's a fun website!

Here is a link that might be useful: One Source for Dahlia Imperialis

o

Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 2:26

Thank you so much Poochella :)

One major drawback for the plant material (except the seeds) is that it requires special packaging and phytosanitary certificates involvement with customs (our customs are ruthless along with plenty of agonizing paperwork).

Seeds do arrive safely here, I will write them an email, lets see what they have to say about it..

Regards,

Izhar

BTW I haven't seen you sharing your beauties here for this season..

o

Please post what you find out about international D.Imperialis shipping, or if they even offer seeds.

We got off to a slow start here a cold, wet spring. But things are growing nicely now, with buds and branches forming daily. I don't have many new ones this year.

o

Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 3:51

I found a source for the seeds but they are out of stock right now..

Here is a link that might be useful: Chiltern Seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here