Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannierose

Dahlias gone insane

dannierose
9 years ago

So...I bought some "Pretty Pien" Dahlia tubers and planted them the first week of March because I've never grown dahlias before and didn't know what I was doing lol But nevertheless they've sprouted and grown....a lot. Like the one in the picture I've posted has to be at least 3-4 feet tall. I didn't even know they could get that tall, so I'm wondering if this is normal? lol I bought a potted Dahlia plant from Lowe's and it's like 1.5 feet so that's kinda what I was expecting haha As you can see, my 3-4 foot Dahlia doesn't have any buds either so I'm wondering if anybody could tell me about what time they usually appear? The packaging for the bulbs said they were early summer bloomers so I was expecting them to bloom right around...now lol I'm also kinda scared that when it does start to bloom that when it storms the blooms will just fall apart. That's what's happened to my smaller dahlia plant so when it rains I have to go put a bucket over it. But yeah....somebody wanna give this dahlia newbie some advice please? haha

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths