Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdshop

water?

pdshop
14 years ago

It is so dry. Can't I give the little sprouts that are emerging from the soil a little water?

Comments (8)

• Poochella
    14 years ago

Of course. Pretend it rained a bit and give them a little drink on the root end. I cannot believe I've had to water twice already this season. It's an unusual dustbowl here and the plants were showing it. A typical June should take care of that soon enough.

• vikingcraftsman
    14 years ago

Boy I hope it is ok to water. It has rained every day since I put my dahlias out side. It is raining now that is why I am in here driving you people crazy.

• j_nail
    14 years ago

HAH! I've been doing rain dances for the last 4 days! It has been in the mid 80's for over 2 weeks now and I've had to water every day!!! Well, spot water anyway. Trying not to burn out (no pun intended) doing all the season kick-off chores! Yet another strange season for us, not much of a spring! It was supposed to rain Wednesday, now it's supposed to be tomorrow afternoon/evening. We'll see what they say on the 11PM news here in a minute...

• vikingcraftsman
    14 years ago

Your rain dancing is working. PLEASE STOP

• j_nail
    14 years ago

Sorry Viking! Apparently my aim must be REALLY off then, since the expected thunderstorms went AROUND us...I can stop though, it's supposed to at least be cooler tomorrow!

• corgicorner
    14 years ago

Do you "guys" really believe the weathermen??????????????

• j_nail
    14 years ago

Yeah, I should know better...although after hearing "rain" & "thunderstorms" in the forecast for over a week I got a little excited!

Finally woke up to the much needed rain this morning though! Of course this came after I finally broke down and chased the sprinklers around yesterday, therefore putting off collecting flowers to press until today because they were wet. Well, now they are most definitely too wet!

My house should love me by the end of the day, since I must now keep warm by doing housework! Nothing better than having the doors flung wide open, with the rain as my stereo while I scrub everything down!

• Poochella
    14 years ago

j_nail Gfrom the wet side of WA- except for this year. By far, the driest planting year ever for me. Having to water dahlias in May/June in my area is a real twist on the usual hoping they don't rot.

Enjoy your moisture and warm days to follow.

Sponsored