Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dahlias Budding Up, Ready For Big Show!

Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 07 at 18:51

I've had Dahlias for a few years now, but I've always had the big, gigantic dinner plate sizes, but this year I got into the Laciniated and Spider collections. Just got the tubers in the ground when I got sick and had to leave everything on it's own for almost a month. Now I'm looking at some pretty healthy Dahlias with buds popping out all over and I haven't a clue as to what they are. My planting sheets have vanished...actually I think my kids have tried to straighten things up for me and the sheets are probably somewhere in a huge stack of other paper work.
Will try to take pix of each as it blooms and get them tagged, will also probably need help from you guys when it comes to an i.d. hope you'll be with me on this! Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dahlias Budding Up, Ready For Big Show!

• Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 18:15

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com I think this is either a Pinelands Paulie or Pinlands Pam

o

I am just noticing how dead this site gets after planting and/or dividing. Kinda sad about this because I like my new Dahlia pals.

Me too. I am a dinnerplate gal and have lost or missplaced many of the cardboard identifiers and this most certainly becomes an issue when people ask "What's its name?". Oh well. But you are lucky in that there must have been some showers when you were rehabilitating.

Post the pictures when they pop. They are exceptionally helpful on this site.

Best regards from Ms. Dahlia just north of NYC.

o

• Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 9, 07 at 20:31

Don't forget to check out the Gallery for pictures!

o

I am so excited having just picked 4 blooms from Dahlias started in pots then transplanted to my garden in May. I beleive these are all Orchid types if that is what the single ones with the rolled and pointed petals are. I saw a Display of these at Pt Defiance parks' dalia garden last year and just had to buy every one of them I culd find! I am in love with them even with their first bloom on small plants and can not wait until they get up to size and blooming at eye level or above like the ones at the park! I think 2 of these first ones were Northfield Sparkler and Amy's Star.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here