Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help! dahlias turning yellow

Posted by jessie21 zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 07 at 22:21

i usually buy dahlias to brighten my garden each year and love them....but this year, my leaves are yellowing...seems like from the inside out. not drying on the edges. the green is just progressively being replaced by yellow. please help fast. i need to take care of this quickly if at all possible cause i'm leaving for vacation next week. any help would be soooo appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help! dahlias turning yellow

To Much water? Not enough fertilizer? Fungus disease? Hot temps?
I would spray them with a general fungicide and give them a shot of fertilizer with at least a nitrogen number of ten or above if you have not been giving them much nitrogen. Hot weather can make leaves turn yellow but usually from the bottom of the plant. We just pull those leaves off and get additional air circulation to the plant.

o

I agree with huey......strip off the bottom leaves and give the plants a shot of high nitrogen fertilizer. If they don't green up, try a fungicide.
DB

o

thanks to both of you. unfortunately, it's not just the bottom leaves and it seems limited to just one variety that i bought this year, so i'm pretty sure it's a bug or a fungus. i bought 2 kinds...one just a figaro mix, which are fine and "sunburst" which are beautiful, but yellowing on all the leaves. i'm going to try bayer's 3 in one rose and flower which is supposed to aid blooming (no real problem here), and control bugs and fungus. wish me luck. they will either be better when i get back from vacation or they will be near death........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here