Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kansas + Dahlias Not A Good Fit

Posted by cookie_ks 5ks (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 08 at 10:24

Help Again!

Earlier this spring (after I got them planted), we had so much rain and hail storms I am surprized they survived at all. Anyway, they don't seem to have grown much since I planted them the end of May. Now that it is hot...even though we have had more than our share of rain, should I be doing something different? None have any buds, one died altogether, they haven't bushed out, and I did pinch them back. I think I have finally been convinced that Kansas is no place to grow Dahlias. Any suggestions would be SO APPRECIATED....I am about to just give up!I know with all the rain I should have already put more fertilizer, that is my next move.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kansas + Dahlias Not A Good Fit

Contact these people they are more familar to your area than I am.Kansas City Dahlia Society

Jack Connelly
9304 West 113th St.
Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 451-6326
~ maryannconnelly@sbcglobal.net

Alt Email: Bob Mortenson
~ gulliver0407@yahoo.com

o
RE: Kansas + Dahlias Not A Good Fit

What part of Ks? I live in southwest, no rain, and they are blooming and happy. Southwest Ks that is.Fertilizer sure won't hurt them. I use tomato fertilizer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here