Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sqftgarden_in_wnc

New to Dahlias- blooms for spring, summer, fall?

sqftgarden_in_wnc
15 years ago

I have a small vegetable garden and have done those and perrenials from seed. I am new to Dahlias. Are there types that bloom at different times during the spring, summer and fall? I have a front bed that has some perrenials in now (I am really just getting started with it) and would like to add dahlias up there. Currently that bed has echinacea purpurea, Lamb's Ear, Flat Leaf Sage, Rosemary and Columbine and some stuff I am pulling out because I didn't like it. That's what the dahlia's would replace in the center of the bed. The Rosemary is getting put in this week and I have some Unwin's Dwarfs from seed I'm putting in. Once I get the stuff out that I don't like, I'll post a pic of the bed because I know that will help. In the meantime, I thought I'd get a jump start and get the main question answered so I can decide what to put here. The bed gets good AM sun and light shade in the afternoon. There is a big old maple behind and to the left of it for shade in the afternoon. It has been getting about 90 degrees or so in the afternoons, so I thought I'd put them where they won't get too scorched.

Comments (2)