{{gwi:645288}}
{{gwi:645289}}
{{gwi:645290}}
{{gwi:645291}}
{{gwi:645292}}

Comments (19)

• Poochella
    14 years ago

Nice Viking. Your kitty litter buckets are much prettier than mine.

What is the cute red collarette named?

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks poochella, the collarette is phoo. it is a Swan island dahlia. It was not listed this year. It is very close to a dahlia called wheeles. It has been a favorite with visitors to my garden. I kind of think people are getting board with my dahlia pictures. No one responds any more. Except you and plantlady.

• monet_g
    14 years ago

No, please don't stop with your photos - especially this early in season.
    I loved Farmer John and will post mine when I have time (and to figure out this photo posting process). When he was in the garden he was "big' and beautiful, now cut and inside he looks "huge" (and beautiful). Looking forward to showing him off at a family gathering in the next few days.
    I'm behind you in bloom. Your photos heighten my anticipation.
    G

• Poochella
    14 years ago

You're ahead of me too, Viking. Mine are just starting and even if I've seen the same dahlia for 10 years, it's still thrilling to watch them start up. Plus I've taken recommendations from this very board and have some new ones that I'm very excited to see. I enjoy yours and everyone's photos even if I don't post.

I got Pooh by mistake as a mislabelled dahlia association sale tuber and really liked it. Punchy orange and yellow- very cute with the frilly collar. I wonder if/why Swan Island cancelled it? It was always a good plant for me before I killed all the tubers :(

Monet G, check into Photobucket for the very easiest way to get your photos inserted into a photo here. It's free for the basic storage allotment, with a nominal annual fee for much larger space. You simply upload, copy and paste the photo's TAG line in your post (easily found for each photo on PB,) hit preview, and behold your photo.

• teddahlia
    14 years ago

Pooh is still listed at Swan Island and it is also one of the top winning collarettes in shows.

• pdshop
    14 years ago

I also love seeing your flowewrs since I am still in the rain. I have given into the slugs. They have made frames out of the dahlia leaves. Everything will be short and full as there has not been enough sun to make them grow tall. June and now July -rain!

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Now that I am sure people still want to see my Dahlias, I will keep walking.
    {{gwi:645294}}
    {{gwi:645296}}

• collielover
    14 years ago

I'm sorry I don't respond to your pics, but your the first one I read knowing I will see something very nice DO NOT STOP PLEASE.

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting me know. I am so busy that I do not want to waste time if people don't enjoy looking. I could clean the house. LOL

• Poochella
    14 years ago

Chances are good the house will still be there come December. You can clean then. This is dahlia season

If you have names to go with each bloom, that would be welcome, along with the photos.

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I will try,but my wife takes a lot of care so I did not do a good job of marking my Dahlias last year. When I opened the containers up to check the names had faded.
    {{gwi:645297}}
    {{gwi:645298}} Dapper Dad
    {{gwi:645299}} Snow bound,lover boy and I don't know.

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Garden Walk 7/28/09
    {{gwi:645300}}
    {{gwi:645302}}
    {{gwi:645304}}

• Poochella
    14 years ago

Oh my, that lavender one is just gorgeous. Could you hazard a guess at a name? Big red is pretty impressive as well. I'm glad you have such beauties to enjoy as a little respite from caregiving duties. Not an easy thing.

How'd the stems get bent? Something knocked down a dahlia a couple nights ago which I found first thing in the morning, but already the stems were arching toward the sun. I think it will straighten out though.

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I thought it might be Origon Reign.

• monica33flowers
    14 years ago

Please don't stop with the pictures. I haven't had much of a chance to stop by the Dahlia forum this year and I'm so glad I stopped in to take a peak.

My dahlias are all doing wonderful except the Swan Island. I think I planted them a little too late and without the heat they are kinda at a stand still.

• mctavish6
    14 years ago

Ditto - I look forward to seeing your pictures, and your cats. Last year was the first I posted on this forum (am basically a hosta fanatic). I'll be adding some pictures as my plants open. Most of those from last year survived and are coming close but I mysteriously lost a few that seemed strong. Some from last year lost their tags so I won't know which they are until they open. I bought probably 30 new ones this year so it's fun to see them for the first time.

Keep the pictures coming....

• Poochella
    14 years ago

Oregon Reign search got me sidetracked. It's a beaut, like the rest, but I really adore the outlined petal edges. Nice!

McTavish, seeing the new ones is half the fun. Perhaps the forum members can give you guesses on the lost ID dahlias. Not an exact science, but it may jog your memory.

• pdshop
    14 years ago

Is that a boat parked next to your house? I have a great idea for it if it is?

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No that is my neighbors boat. My cats like to sit in it all day.