Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sturgeonguy

Dahlia Beds - semi-monthly update

sturgeonguy
15 years ago

Well, here's my fifth set of pictures of my beds progressing. I have to look into some sort of way of animating these.

Click here to see all of the sets.

Meanwhile, here's a hint of what's in this set.

{{gwi:645520}}

{{gwi:645521}}

{{gwi:645522}}

Cheers,

Russ

Comments (5)

• jroot
    15 years ago

I LIKE the Tahiti Sunrise. I really like that one.

I like your second shot too of your garden room. It looks very appealing from the outside, and you have shown us some shots from the inside. Well done, Russ.

• vikingcraftsman
    15 years ago

Russ I like Tahiti sunrise also. I will have to do some real sole searching for next years garden. I planted 75 to 100 dahlias this year. That should give me over 300 for next year. So I am going to have to decide how much work I am going to be able to do if I add more to my garden.

• sturgeonguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Like you vikingcraftsman, I'm having to do some sole searching regarding next year too. I have such terrible luck with anything >48", and I'm seriously considering just not planting them next year. I lost two huge stalks off a Raspberry Punch, leaving it with only one. I think my proximity to water, and the storms we've had are the reason.

Meanwhile, my shorties, like Tahiti Sunrise, Sayonara, and especially China Doll, are just going gangbusters.

• pdshop
    15 years ago

I hope my Tahiti Sunrise looks like that! I have alot of light pink with yellow center dahlias. I did not order these colors. The dahlias I ordered were in the yellow bronze red orange variety. The names are right but the dahlias are not the same as the names? I used 4 places so will have to ask that question when they open again. Very odd.

• sturgeonguy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the same flower 5 days in.

{{gwi:645523}}
    Tahiti Sunrise (BBC): 5" diameter flower on 30" bush.

Notice there's more yellow and less intense reds. Mine aren't getting bleached by the sun, its a simple progression I believe.

I'm working on a couple of videos showing the life of a flower...;-] including this one.

Cheers,
    Russ