Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhdahlialover

Am I doomed?

nhdahlialover
15 years ago

Although I have several dahlias blooming, many have stalled and have not made much progress over the past few weeks. The leaves are all mottled and they just do not look good. So today was the first day since my daughter was born 6 months ago that I have had any time alone in the house (hubby took her to visit firends). I went out to look things over and finally had the time to admit to myself "my dahlias have a problem". I checked things out and saw a few traces of spider mites but a ton of little green jumper things. Aphids maybe? Of course I could not find my insecticide so I sprayed on an antifungal/disease stuff that I had figuring it couldn't hurt. Well the green jumpys didn't like it because they started jumping around but I doubt it will wipe the out and cure the problem. Does anyone have any advice for me? I live in the boonies and would love something I can make at home to spray on and get rid of these guys so I don't have to spend the gas $$ to get to the store. If I do get rid of them will the short stalled guys ever catch up?

Thanks,

Katy