Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'I'm so excited'

Posted by cats39 z5 Upstate NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 16:48

Hi All!

Do you by chance remember the Pointer Sisters release of, "Im So Excited" in 1982?

The Lyrics went "Im so excited (and the next line is) And I just cant hide it!"

Well 25 years later that excitement still exists, but Ive taken it to a higher level, and the reason for this post. "I just cant hide my excitement". This was the first time I took a crack at a "Dinner Plate" and Im really excited.. We were away and when we got home that evening this is what I was greeted to. I didnt realize the flash wasnt on, so the pictures came out a little washed out.

But I did get a few others under more natural lighting conditions.

Its a Kelvin Floodlight.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The full bloom was just over 9"

As you can see I went primarily with yellows in this area. Sorry about the lack of color.

Is this a freak or what? The first time Ive ever had a double colored Dahlia. It was a tuber from last years plant that I started from seed.

This was kinda one of my pride and Joy ones. I was checking out my tubers just before Christmas and I found a couple ready for the compost pile. For some reason I took this tuber and the following one, spritzed with water, placed in plastic grocer bag and on the 29th of Dec. Saw some root structure and placed in a soil medium. These were the results.

Their both mixed boarder Dahlias from last years seed

Same as above different angle:

This photo is a little washed out because of the bright sun and not on right setting. Im picking up some prints this afternoon that will I hope show this Dahlia in a much better frame of lighting.

This plant was given to me last year by my brother Joe. Don't have a name so I call it Joe's Mauve. I sure hope the other prints comeout good as this one is really a beauty. Although all Dahlias are Beauties.

Ill post up in a few days.

I hope you enjoy.

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'I'm so excited'

Yay! I'm excited for you. Good job and keep the pics coming

o

I soooooo understand your excitement!!! I had Kelvin Floodlight last year for the first time and was in awe at its size and beauty - sadly, it did not survive the winter in my basement. But many others did, including tubers which were started from seed, and didn't bloom last year, so this year I have some lovely surprises!! I also give them some unique names, such as Salsa, Shimmer and Burgundy Silk. Seeing your pictures and reading your comments, I very much could relate, and it made me smile. Good job and keep sharing! -Anna

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 21, 07 at 1:46

Well done, cats39. Mine are opening up now as well, and I really do understand your excitement. :)

o

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!"
That is the next line. LOL
Thanks for sharing your beautiful Dahlias! They look fabulous!

o

Me too! first time with Dinner plate ones, these are flowering here in connecticut, probably around 9 inches also, no dinner plate for sure but soooooooo nice!

Nice picts, I also have the dark bronze red ones, very nice.
Cheers from an avid lifelonger Dahlia fan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here