Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannierose

Hello Dahlie

dannierose
9 years ago

So...a couple of weeks ago I posted on here about my dahlia being a bazillion feet tall and everybody said that I needed to cut it down a little bit. Well, a few days after I posted that I went to cut it and lo and behold there was a big ol fat bud on top that I hadn't noticed before lol So I thought well...I don't wanna cut it because what if this is the only flower I'll get all season. So I just got a taller stake for it and let it bloom.
The funny thing is that the package for the tubers said it was going to be a bright pinky, fuchsia colour, but as you can see from the pictures I'm about to post, it's rather....yellow lol Which I don't mind, I'm just glad it bloomed lol I have a question though, after this bloom has lived its life and died, should I cut it down to about 3 feet? It's around 5 feet now. There's a little bit of new growth about 6 inches below the bloom and I'm not sure if it's gonna turn into a bud or not. I'll post a picture of it too.
I have two more dahlias that came from the same packaging and they're about 3 feet tall but I haven't seen any buds or anything on them. I actually found out afterwards that my flowerbed is more partial sun rather than full sun so I'm not really expecting to get any flowers out of them. Plus I think some bugs are munching on them because I've seen holes in the leaves.

Comments (8)