Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busy_girl

Connells catalogue

busy-girl
13 years ago

Hi ...I was wondering if anyone had a spare Connell's catalog? Prefer one from this year if at all possible! Happy to pay for it and postage as well.....I would be extremely grateful...mine got hit by the sprinkler and all the pages stuck together!

Janice

Comments (9)

• Poochella
    13 years ago

I may have one but not from this year- maybe 2008 or 09, if you're still interested. You know they're closed to more tuber sales now, right?

I'll email you from Gweb if I find one and let you know what year it was published.

• busy-girl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Poochella! Your a life saver if you find one. At this point I'll take any year I can get.
    Yes I know they closed...I placed one last order with them and got almost 40 free tubers...I kinda figured it out then.LOL .....I am really going to miss them though..They where one of the few that shipped across the border!
    Janice

• davidinsf
    13 years ago

Thanks for the topic. I ordered from Connells 3 years ago and wondered why they aren't showing up in a search engine for dahlias anymore.

I did the same thing to my Swan Island catalog - the fog got it and ate the pages. I wouldn't have cared except apparently they mixed up a couple of the tubers (my yard is 'color coded') and I now have a pink dahlia coming up in the purple section, a yellow lacianate in the orange section and a stunningly beautiful red/purple bi-color in the PINK section. I also ordered a Fire Magic but seem to have gotten a Dark Magic instead. Hence my need for their catalog so I can actually see what I've got!

• Poochella
    13 years ago

I haven't found a catalog yet, Busy-girl, but I haven't forgot about you either. I have a foggy memory that my most recent one also got wet with pages sticking together, and may have been recycled, but I'll keep looking.

David, can you look through Swan Island's catalog online to find your IDs? I try to plant zones of color too, but somehow in the frenzy of planting, there are strays surprising me every year :)

• busy-girl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm afraid Connell's is gone David....but I still have my fingers crossed that someone out there has a catalog that they don't' need anymore.
    I can only imagine how beautiful your garden must be....Pictures??
    Janice

• Poochella
    13 years ago

David, I found the 2009 SI Catalog if you want it; just email me. Still looking for Connell's...

• davidinsf
    13 years ago

Thx Poochella

I have been on line with SI almost daily. I just kind of liked sitting in the yard thumbing through the bright pics. I can always order a catalog from them.

As for pix. On my Facebook page, I have early shots of my yard (before and after) but a) it was NOT completed yet and was not color coordinated so much 3 years ago and b) none of the ordered dahlias had bloomed yet. It will let you see what I started with (bare expanse) versus about 70% cleaned up.

I am in the process of using up a roll of film from vacation but was waiting for a sunny day to take the last 5-6 pics. When I do, I'll post a few. If you go to my FB page though and check under photos, you can see what I posted there over 2 years ago. I'll provide the link here.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1384851579#!/album.php?aid=3007&id=1384851579

• chocolatemoose
    13 years ago

Busy-girl...I have a 2010 Connell's catalog. I think it's the last one they sent out. A pink waterlily type called Olivia Joy is on the cover
    Email me your address and I'll send it out to you.

• busy-girl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chocolatemoose! Thank you So Much! How Wonderful.!!!
    I have emailed you with all the details....
    Janice