Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White spots on leaves...

Posted by fizgig777 NYC - 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 17:08

It's not mold, that much I can tell. Just not sure what could be causing it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White spots on leaves...

Do you have a photo? Powdery mildew is fairly common if you've been wet or have poor air circulation.

Other light spots can be any number of diseases or sunburn, but 'white' makes me think mildew.

o

Definitely not mildew. Mildew wipes off. These are part of the leaves, rather than on the leaves.

Here're some photos:

o

You're right: that's not powdery mildew. I don't have any other guesses, but it doesn't look too devastating to either the plant or the eye.

o

That's because the photo was taken back in June. The leaves are now covered with the white spots. It was the best photo I had at the time. With the heavy rains, I couldn't go outside to take newer photos.

They do still bloom and grow, though. But still... I'd like to find out what that is in the even it is contagious.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here