Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dahlias, brugs and hibiscus in bloom July 5

Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 5, 10 at 21:42

I was out in the garden today, and took some shots of the dahlias, already in bloom, here in zone 5 Canada.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just waiting for another day or so.

Shorty in the garden

Brugs by the garage

Shorty by the garage

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dahlias, brugs and hibiscus in bloom July 5

These are beautiful. My dahlias have been in bloom since late May, and many perennials, especially hibiscus, day lilies and helenium are early, but not the swamp mallow that you show in the bottom picture.

What kind of camera do you use? Mine is not comparable.

And how do you get these pictures up on the web?

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 15:11

Thanks, Ceh2101. Here in Canada, we tend to get delayed somewhat with blooms, but I start them in April, and get them out ( in pots ) as quickly as I can. There is a lot of lugging in and out during those frosty days of April and May.

The last photo is actually a tropical hibiscus. My perennials have not yet started to bud up, but the plants are getting quite large already.

The camera is a simple panasonic lumix with a 12 x optical Leica lens. I purchased it in Scotland when "someone" actually left my $1500 digital SLR on a fence at the Toronto airport. This one is a LOT lighter, and much easier to manipulate.

The photos are posted and stored at Photobucket, and copied into the space here.

Once again, thanks for your comments and interest.

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 0:32

lovely blooms... thanks for sharing :)

Izhar

o

Beautiful! Would love to know the names. Also what is the lacy white flower with the brug?

o

I'm sooo jealous. I'm just starting to see some buds here in New Hampshire, but still have a ways to go before blooms. Last year we had an all rain early summer problem. This year no rain! Ran the well temporarily dry the other day trying to water everything. Hoping for a good thunderstorm today!

o

I wanted a brug this year but couldn't find one? Do you get the bulb(?) and start it yourself?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here