Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highlandernorth

have you had luck with the following dahlias? See list

highlandernorth
12 years ago

Here are the Dahlias I bought this year, and I'm wondering if anyone else has grown any of these? (I did see on another thread I started that another person has grown Vassio Meggos and Fuzzy Wuzzy)

So far, only 1 has flowered, after being planted in early May with 2 others, but it was obviously mislabelled, and I had bought it from a local store.

The other dahlias were planted on May 25(3 of them), and June 11(4 more)

**These I bought from Swan Island: These were planted May 25 and June 11.

1. Fuzzy Wuzzy

2. Crazy Legs

3. McAllister's Pride

4. Vassio Meggos

5. Citron De Cap

6. Freckle Face

7. Tutti Frutti(grew to 4", then died)

**These others I bought as tubers from a local store:

1. Contraste(rotted in the ground after week long rain/May)

2. Blackberry Ripple

3. Rembrandt (Was mislabeled, dont know what it is really, only that it is really ugly)

I've planted them 5 inches deep in mixed organic soil(PH 6.5 - 6.9) with good nutrients, and given them water manually whenever needed, usually every 2 days, as it hasn't really rained enough for 6 weeks, and its been HOT. I topped them at the 3rd leaf level.

The plants all basically look healthy, but some are growing faster than others, and 2 now are starting to grow flower buds, which should open in a week or so.

Anyway, have you grown any of these, and what were your results? Please mention the size of the flowers of the varieties on this list that you've grown, thanks....

Comments (6)