Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
identifying these Dahlia

Posted by chamac45 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 23:16

I purchased a home that belonged to a elderly woman who passed away last year and these are growing in the garden. I believe they are dahlia but I don't know what kind. Should I split it this fall as I've seen described or leave it in the ground as a clump and mulch. I live in central Georgia. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: identifying these Dahlia

And I forgot the link:

http://www.mccutchentrace.org/yard/photo(4).JPG

o
RE: identifying these Dahlia

Yes, that is a dahlia. I don't know the specific name of it but it is probably one of the bb size. This fall would be a good time to divide it. If it has been in place for many years you might need to just chop it in quarters with an ax and them remove all the damaged pieces. You will still have many tubers left to replant, or you can replant one of the quarters and share the others or plant them elsewhere. You might enjoy adding some other colored dahlias to complement it :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here