Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I don't think this is Karma Sangria!

Posted by lizalily Western WA, USA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 07 at 0:11

That is what the label says but what I have is a large(Maybe 7") flat star of the most exquisite deep bronzy orange with the center showing! Does anyone know a variety like that? Some of the tips show a bit of white, and occasionally their is a second row of short flat petals but none of them are even Cactus shaped! THey do not hold up well as cut flowers but began to droop by the end of the first day, even though I condition them like I do all my other dahlias, and start with putting them in hot tap water and letting it cool.

I ordered the Karma Sangrias from Van Bourgoundian and I have found that I can get a rather amusing variety of things I did not order from them, but this time I really wanted to add Karma Sangria to my collection.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I don't think this is Karma Sangria!

Hey Liza,
I have a few Karma Sangrias- new from Vanbourgondien also. The first one opening is clearly not what I grew last year: purple and white color, looking to be semicactus at this early stage. Weird. Perhaps they had some mischief in their sorting and labelling?

o

Here is the Sangria imposter this year. I've never grown anything like this, and the bud on the plant next door; also from Van Bourgondien is lavender, not the hot pink of last year's Sangria. A mistaken i.d. for sure. Link to last year's Sangria.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2006 Karma Sangria

o

Sometimes I order from VB just for the amusement factor, though this time I really wanted to add Karma Sangria. Mine has the sturdy stems that seem to belong to my Karma Naomi, Karma Fuchiana and Karma Ventura. WOnder if they got our tubers from the trial fields? I love my new Karma Ventura though! My siser says the flowers look like silk flowers when they close up at evening. Sure wish there was a better source for the karmas where we could get them in small numbers!

Your Sangria imposter is lovely! COuld it be one of the other Karma's? I highly doubt if we will see my big bronze on the market ever!

o

Hi Pooch - Looks like you are startng to collect my colors now - that one looks like Matchmaker maybe - I had to toss mine - sick.

I like Sangria a lot.

Here is a link that might be useful: K. Sangria

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here