Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dahlia Season in Wisconsin

Posted by mandolls 4WI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 12:15

The weather has cooled way down and the Dahlias are loving it. THe colors are much stronger than the early blooms and more buds are appearing everyday.

These shots are from this morning.

McAlister'sPride

Lover Boy

Fire Magic (not quite ready)

Lucca Johanna

Inland Dynasty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dahlia Season in Wisconsin

Looking good.

o

Oh, my...they are all so lovely!

o

Love them all! My Loverboy has been blooming a lot this summer but the super hot weather has it going to open centers pretty quickly. I am jealous of your cooler weather. We have now cooled down to around 90 LOL.

Linda

o

Love the Lucca Johanna...the colors are so delicate!

o

Thanks for sharing your lovely blooms. My plants are starting to send up more blossoms as well.

o

Mmmmmm, I do like McAlisters Pride"!

o

The McAlister's Pride is new for me. I love it when it isnt fully open, but once it cmpletely open the center is all yellow, and it looses its punch.

Here are a few more from this morning.

Sonic Boom

Pinelands Princess

Candle Light

Arabian Nights

Formby Kaitlin

Plus - these are little Dahlias from seed that I tried this year

o

just scrumptious! there's my arabian night. mine is a monster (almost 6 feet tall!) and is about to bloom, so i'm excited... it's a first for me. you're is gorgeous.

i'm really digging your formby kaitlin as well. thanks for sharing!

angela :)

ps... how to you keep your leaves so pretty? i'm constantly fighting powedery mildew. i know it's not suppose to hurt them, but it really takes away from their beauty (to me at least..)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here