Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black bugs in dahlias.

Posted by suzegarden z5mo (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 18:56

I have lots of tiny black bugs in my dahlias. These little buggers are numerous, and they BITE. It makes cutting my dahlias, and handling them very uncomfortable.
Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggested solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black bugs in dahlias.

• Posted by maxyck zone5b canada (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 10:45

I'm rather late in an attempt to give you a response to your question. I have black bugs in my dahlias that are a real nuisance. They are European Earwigs. This might be what you are seeing. Do a search to see if your bugs are like those that I have. Though it's late now, there are ways to get rid of this type of earwig.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here